Stella George Foundation (SGF) is a passion driven non-governmental charitable organization with focus on care and support for the orphans, the poorest of the poor and the helpless widows in the society.
SGF was founded by a philanthropist and lover of the lowly placed; Lady Stella George Azuonwu precisely in 2002 when she teamed up with her only child Prince George Agugua to start a life of a philanthropist by helping the children in Owerri Motherless Babies Homes where they both agreed to invest some certain percentage of their income to the less privileged in a monthly basis.
The Foundation is duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission under the company and allied matters’ act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
SGF Aims & Objectives
- To provide for the less privilege in the society.
- To help parents provide for their children’s basic needs
- To assist orphanages, the poor, sick and less privilege in the society
- To respond rapidly during emergencies, especially where children are most vulnerable
- To preserve a healthy and sustainable environment via enlightenment programmes
- To provide nourishing meal to every undernourished and hungry children regardless of their ethnicity, race and religion.
- To enlighten Nigerians on the importance of healthy meals.
- To help less privilege in facilitating access to medical care, to pay the medical bills that they foundation can afford and engage in appeal funds for those that they cannot afford.
- To improve maternal and child health of women
- To network with other organizations with similar aims and objectives
- To be a leading charity foundation by adding value to the less privilege.
- To deliver excellent services in a socially responsible way to the society as a whole
About The Founder
Lady Stella George Azuonwu was born into the family of late Pa Josiah Iheme and Ezinne Roseline Nwamara Azuonwu (Nee Nwaneri Egbeyiriokwu) on that fateful 16th day of December, 1962.
She attended Christ Church School, Owerri, where she obtained the First school leaving certificate. She later gained admission into the famous Girl’s secondary school, Emekuku where she obtained the West African School Certificate. She represented her school in qymnastics, long distance races, long and high jumps.
She got admission into Imo State Polytechnic where she studied Catering and Hotel Management. After graduating from school, she got employed with ELF Petroleum PortHarcourt, where she worked until she resigned and moved to Owerri.
In 2002, she teamed up with her only child Prince George Agugua to start a life of a philanthropist by helping the children in Owerri motherless babies homes where they both agreed to invest some certain percentage of their income to the less privileged. Late lady Stella was a writer who believed that writers drew inspiration from nature and put them down. She wrote the following books: Mother and Child, Why me?, Obinwanne, Etc.
The books were for the sake of posterity and would be published soon in her memory. Late Lady Stella George was compassionate, versatile, hardworking, strong, courageous, wise and social. She was a good Christian who strongly believe in helping humanity no matter how little. She was a member of the Actors guild of Nigeria (Imo State Chapter) a strong member of St. Pauls Family, Christ Anglican Church, Owerri.
We are consoled that in life, people are born, gifted and empowered. They are assigned specific tasks by the Almighty God, and when those tasks are accomplished fully, they are called back to their creator with no recourse to age, mighty and/or size. Such is the intriguing phenomenon that compound everyone, who had the privilege of knowing this unassuming, brilliant, vivacious, elegant and endearing value Stella George, who was endowed with the spirit of benevolence. We believed sincerely that she performed to the best of her clout, and whether or not she accomplished the tasks assigned to her, fully, would remain surmise.
We will miss her classical sense of humors that usually lightened those who came across her, and her stand against all norms which were repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience.
Late Lady Stella personality, dreams, vision and that of his only child, to better the life of humanity brought birth to this foundation. “STELLA GEORGE FOUNDATION”